Now that I have the flexibility of working for myself I am able to get out into the sunshine and work where I want to work. But only a year ago I was working in an office 9am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, I ate lunch at my desk, only saw the weather from a window and was always rushed and/or stressed.
So here are some tips I have learnt that you can incorporate into your day to feel as though you are not wishing the week away or dreading Monday even if you work in a office.
1. Get up earlier than your normal time...I know you are probably rolling your eyes and thinking 'no way' but I am telling you if you start your day not rushing around it will be much smoother for you. Get into a morning routine where you can take your time; my morning routine is getting up between 6-6:30am, exercising for 30-40mins, meditating for 15mins and then having my breakfast.
2. Make a to-do list when you get into work before you do anything else. By doing this you are getting yourself organised for the day ahead and then mark off the tasks you have done which will make you feel good at the end of the day.
3. Move!...make sure you are moving around, if you need to speak with a colleague get up and walk to their desk don't email or call them. Go for a walk at lunch time, it can be anything but just move!
4. Get away from your computer at lunch time...it is so easy to stay at your desk and eat lunch but it is so important to give yourself a break. Take your lunch and sit outside or go to the lunch room, enjoy what you are eating.
5. Do something each evening...just because it is a 'school night' doesn't mean you can't enjoy your time; make the most of each day! Go to the movies, go out for dinner, catch up with friends, try a new group exercise class, eat dinner outside, you get the picture.
6. Don't get into a eating rut...try new recipes, have fun in the kitchen! Instead of your morning cereal try and make a smoothie and instead of your sandwich for lunch make a fun and colourful salad.
7. Be thankful...at the end of the day before you go to bed, be thankful for that day and everything that happened. The more gratitude you show, the more the universe will give you happiness.
Just remember we are only here for a short time, not a long time so don't wish away the week enjoy every day, every hour and every moment!
Be happy & healthy,