Boy has it been cold in Melbourne the past few days. We are in the middle of Winter now and the cold and flu are doing their annual spread around to the population. So yesterday I decided to put together a winter wellness soup which has lots of goodies to help beat that nasty cold this season. Or other wise just to help warm your belly. I hope you like it!
500g butternut pumpkin, chopped
300g sweet potato, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
2tsp fresh ginger, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
1/4 lemon grass stalk, chopped
1 stick of celery, chopped
1lt organic chicken stock
1 cup coconut water
Salt and pepper to season
1. Melt some coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the pumpkin and sweet potato to the saucepan and coat in the oil. Then add in the onion, ginger, garlic, turmeric, lemon grass and celery. Stir, cooking for 5 minutes.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add in the stock and coconut water. Stir for 1 minute.
5. Pop the lid on the saucepan and allow to cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin and sweet potato are soft.
6. Once the pumpkin and sweet potato have softened, remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
7. Get a stick blender and blend the soup mixture until all the lumps are gone and the soup is a lovely smooth texture.
8. Enjoy with some toast for lunch or dinner.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know if you make it, I would love to hear how it went and what you thought of it.
Tag me on Instagram and #beyourradiantself with your photo.
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.