How good are waffles! But like pancakes, they can be full of things that aren't so good for you - e.g sugar and white flour.
I am currently on a mission to cut right back on my refined sugar intake, as I was just eating way too much each day. But I didn't want to miss out on the 'good stuff', so I am finding ways to crowd out the not so good with healthier options.
I topped my waffles with Hazelnut Chocolate spread from Loving Earth, fresh strawberries and 100% pure maple syrup.
MAKES: 6 waffles (approx)
2 cups plain wholemeal flour
1tsp baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups almond milk
1/2tsp ground ginger
1. Turn on your waffle maker so it can warm up.
2. Put all ingredients into a bowl, mix with a whisk until combined and smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into a jug.
4. Then pour some mixture into your waffle maker. Allow to cook until your desired darkness.
5. Top with your favourite refined sugar free toppings.
If you make these waffles please tag me (@__kylie.anderson) so I can see your creations.
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.