Satay Chicken Stir-fry...
I am usually a sweet tooth when it comes to the healthy recipes I share with you, but when I mentioned on Instagram that I was making my own satay sauce for a stir-fry, I got a big YES to sharing the recipe.
I LOVE satay, it is creamy and just delicious. The best part about this recipe is it is super easy, and you can keep the chilli out of the kids portion so they can eat it too.
Free from: dairy, adjustable to make it gluten free
2tbs peanut butter (smooth or crunchy if you like peanut bits)
2tbs soy sauce or tamari
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200ml coconut cream
Chilli flakes (as much or as little as you like)
500g chicken breast, chopped
Veggies as desired (I used broccoli, zucchini and carrots)
Jasmine rice to serve or you could use cauliflower rice.
1. Stir the peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic in a saucepan on a low heat until smooth.
2. Add the coconut cream and chilli flakes (if using), and gently whisk until smooth and heated through. Put aside to keep warm.
3. Brown the chicken in a wok with some olive oil over medium-high heat.
4. Once the chicken has started to brown, turn the heat down to medium and add the veggies. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the satay sauce to the wok and mix through. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring regularly.
6. Serve with rice of your choice.
Let me know what you think in the comments below or share your photos with me on Facebook or Instagram...
Be happy & healthy,
All Bliss Balls Breakfast Dairy Free Dinner Drinks Gluten Free Lunch Muffins & Cakes Side Dish Smoothies Snacks Soup Sugar Free
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.