Café bought banana bread is full of sugar and really not good for you at all. But why should you miss out when there are healthy and tasty versions out there which are easy to whip up at home, plus the kids will love it too.
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
3/4tsp baking soda
1/3 cup plain yoghurt (I love Jalna Natural Greek Yoghurt)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180o (350oF).
2. Lightly grease a loaf tin (line with baking paper if need be).
3. Whisk together the flour, almond meal, salt and baking soda and then set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, yoghurt, milk, raspberries and mashed bananas until combined.
5. Add in the vanilla extract, rice malt syrup and cinnamon.
6. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
7. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and spread out.
9. Pop the tin into the oven and bake for 45-50mins or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
10. Leave to cool down and then pop onto a cooling wrack.
11. Cut into slices and enjoy!
To keep mine fresh, I wrapped individual slices in cling wrap, popped them into a container and then in the freezer. I now have a sweet healthy snack ready for me to eat and it will last a while as it is in the freezer.
P.S If you haven't become part of the Radiant Tribe yet, join the community now by popping in your name & email address above and click 'subscribe'. As a thank you, you will receive your very own copy of my latest eBook, 'Secrets to Sticking with a Radiant Lifestyle' instantly plus a couple of extra goodies just because I love you.
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.