I had a Christmas in July lunch to attend and my friend asked me to make a veggie dish to bring along, so I decided on this lovely combination of flavours and textures. It is perfect as a side dish for your dinner or even as your lunch. Add some feta or goats cheese to get an extra salty flavour and creamy texture.
(you can change the quantities to suit how much you need)
1/2 butternut pumpkin, chopped
250g beans, chopped in half
2tbs pine nuts, toasted
3tbs coriander, roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200o and line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Place the chopped pumpkin in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir in coconut oil.
3. Spread the pumpkin out on the baking tray. Roast for 45 minutes or until the desired softness.
4. Place the halved beans into a steamer and steam for 5 minutes or until bright green. You want them to still be crunchy.
5. Pop the pine nuts into a small fry pan and toast until little brown.
6. Once the pumpkin is done, get it out of the oven and put onto a serving dish. I layered mine, so I did a layer of pumpkin then a layer of beans and so on. Top with the coriander and pine nuts. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know if you make it, I would love to hear how it went and what you thought of it.
Tag me on Instagram and #beyourradiantself with your photo.
Be happy & healthy,
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.