Muesli bars are a staple item in any kids lunch box or even big kids. But did you know that one muesli bar can contain up to 7 teaspoons of sugar? Healthy they say!!
Grown men should only have 9 teaspoons of sugar per day, so they can have one muesli bar and not much else.
So I wanted to show you how easy and simple making your own muesli bars are for you and your kids.
One bowl is all you need and you can add whatever you want into them, so get the kids involved and have fun making these each week.
2 cups rolled oats
2tbs chia seeds
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
3tbs natural Greek yoghurt (add more if you need more moisture in the mix)
1/4 cup organic maple syrup (the real maple syrup, not the sugary fake one) or you could use honey or rice malt syrup
Raw Cacao Nibs
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
2. Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and stir until well combined.
3. Tip the mixture into the slice tin and spread out with a metal spoon. Flatten and push down the mixture.
4. Pop it into the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the oats have started to slightly brown.
5. Allow to cool and then slice into muesli bars. I then wrapped mine in baking paper and tied them up with string. Place into an air tight container.
How easy is that? No more sugar laden muesli bars needed!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know if you make it, I would love to hear how it went and what you thought of it.
Tag me on Instagram and #beyourradiantself with your photo.
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.