How good are pancakes?
I saw Rachael Finch on Instagram add greens powder to her pancake mixture to make them colourful for her kids. I thought this was genius!
I decided to try the same with my own pancake recipe, and it worked a treat. The girls think they are great because they are green, little do they know they are full of goodness #mumwin.
Serves: 1 adult or 2 kids
Free from: dairy, refined sugar, gluten
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1tbs almond meal
1tbs greens powder (I use Tropeka or Kissed Earth)
1tbs maple syrup
1tsp chia seeds
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3tbs almond milk
1. Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
2. Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and whisk until smooth. You may need to add more milk if needed. Go by look of consistency, you don't want it too runny but not too thick either.
3. Heat a fry pan on low-medium heat with a drizzle of coconut oil.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture into the fry pan and cook one side until it starts to bubble, then flip over.
5. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
6. Serve on a plate, drizzle with maple syrup and top with fresh berries.
Let me know what you think in the comments below or share your photos with me on Facebook or Instagram...
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.