Fruit & Nutty Chocolate
It has been a while since I last added a recipe, but today I got experimenting in the kitchen once again. I felt like chocolate but was all out of my usual stash of Loving Earth blocks and with a little bub now it isn't as easy to just 'pop down the street'. So I decided to try my hand at making my own chocolate...and boy is it yummy!!
1/3 cup coconut oil
80g melted butter
2tbs raw cacao powder
2-3tbs rice malt syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
Add nuts and dried fruit to your taste...I used almonds, cashews, sultanas, cranberries and raisins.
1. Put the nuts and dried fruit into a food processor and pulse until they are chopped into smaller chunks.
2. Line a baking tin with baking paper. Spread the fruit and nut mixture over the base of the tin.
3. Heat a saucepan on medium heat. Melt the butter and coconut oil. Once melted take off the heat.
4. Add in the cacao and rice malt syrup to the melted oil & butter mixture and stir until combined.
5. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the fruit and nuts in the tin.
6. Pop into the freezer for 30 minutes or until set.
7. Remove from the freezer and then pop it into the fridge for a further hour. Then you can slice and pop into an air tight container, or enjoy right away.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know if you make it, I would love to hear how it went and what you thought of it.
Tag me on Instagram and #beyourradiantself with your photo.
P.S If you haven't become part of the Radiant Tribe yet, join the community now by popping in your name & email address above and click 'subscribe'. As a thank you, you will receive your very own copy of my latest eBook, 'Secrets to Sticking with a Radiant Lifestyle' instantly plus a couple of extra goodies just because I love you.
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.