This is definitely one of my favourite breakfasts, and like most things is usually full of refined sugar and white bread, so I have done a healthy twist on this classic breakfast dish.
You can get creative with your toppings or you can go the old favourites of strawberries and maple syrup like I have here.
2 x rye or sour dough slices of bread (these types of bread are easier on your stomach than wholemeal or multigrain)
1 x egg
1/3 cup almond milk
1tsp cinnamon powder
1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and cinnamon until combined.
3. Place the bread into the milk mixture, covering both sides (flip it over if the liquid doesn't cover both sides).
4. Place the coated bread into the hot frying pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
5. Place onto a plate and top with whatever takes your fancy. My toppings in the above photo are fresh strawberries, maple syrup and cinnamon.
Please tag me (@__kylie.anderson) on Instagram if you recreate this recipe. And of course, let me know what you think.
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.