I am on a sustainable living journey, trying to cut back waste as much as I can. With this comes a lot more homemade items and bulk buying food.
I came across a recipe to create your own coconut yoghurt and thought why not give it a go.
It is so easy, full of probiotics, is way cheaper and tastes better than the store bought alternative. So why wouldn't you make it yourself?!
A tip that I came across was to make sure your probiotic capsule only has 'probiotics' in it and not "prebiotics' as the pre can make the coconut milk go mouldy which isn't what we want. We want it to ferment with good bacteria.
Free from: dairy, refined sugar
1 x 400ml tin of organic coconut milk
1 x probiotic capsule (I use JS Health)
1tsp maple syrup (optional)
1. Pour the coconut milk into a glass jar, empty the probiotic powder from the capsule into the milk, pour in the maple syrup (if using) and mix well.
2. Pop a cotton/muslin piece of cloth over the jar and secure with an elastic band.
3. Leave on the bench for 24-48 hours.
4. Check the consistency and when you are happy with that, pop the lid on the jar and into the fridge.
5. Enjoy over a few days. Top with your favourite healthy options.
Let me know what you think in the comments below or share your photos with me on Facebook or Instagram...
Be happy & healthy,
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.