I was out of my healthy snacks this morning so I decided to play around with a recipe and do my own take on it. And yes you read correctly, chocolate and beetroot. This is really a match made in heaven and it works so well, you must try it!
Plus it is flour free, woohoo!
2 cups water (for the quinoa)
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2tbs rice malt syrup
3/4 cup fresh beetroot, grated
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup coconut milk
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180o and grease a 12 hole muffin tray or use patty pans which is what I did.
2. Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions (1 cup of uncooked quinoa with 2 cups of water). Allow to cool.
3. Put the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla extract, 2 1/3 cup cooked quinoa (quinoa expands when cooked), coconut oil, beetroot, coconut sugar, rice malt syrup, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cacao into a food processor or blender. Mix until well combined.
4. Put into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, but check at the 20 minute mark to make sure they aren't burning. They are cooked once a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy! Any left overs pop into an air tight container and store in the fridge to keep for a couple of days.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know if you make it, I would love to hear how it went and what you thought of it.
Tag me on Instagram and #beyourradiantself with your photo.
P.S If you haven't become part of the Radiant Tribe yet, join the community now by popping in your name & email address above and click 'subscribe'. As a thank you, you will receive your very own copy of my latest eBook, 'Secrets to Sticking with a Radiant Lifestyle' instantly plus a couple of extra goodies just because I love you.
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.