Who doesn't love pancakes? Especially on a Sunday morning! This weekend I felt like pancakes and decided to try my own recipe to see what it would turn out like and they were delicious.
Pancake goodness with no guilt attached.
Makes: 4 pancakes approx
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup cacao nibs
3/4 cup milk (dairy, coconut or almond can be used)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
MY TOPPING (pictured above)
1 golden kiwi fruit, sliced
1/3 cup organic frozen berries, thawed
2tbs organic vanilla bean yoghurt (I used 5am)
1 tbs chia seeds
1. Heat a fry pan over medium heat and pop in some coconut oil if it isn't a non stick pan.
2. Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla in a bowl until well combined.
3. Put the flour, bi-carb soda, coconut sugar and cacao nibs into a separate bowl and mix.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined and smooth in consistency.
5. Get a 1/4 cup and use this to put the mixture into the fry pan. It makes a nice size pancake.
6. Spread the mixture out and cook until bubbles appear on the top and then flip over.
7. Remove and keep warm until you have made the desired amount of pancakes.
8. Top with whatever takes your fancy, but what I used is listed above. You could use banana, a nut spread, coconut, seeds & nuts, other fruit, honey, maple syrup etc. Be creative!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know if you make it, I would love to hear how it went and what you thought of it.
Tag me on Instagram and #beyourradiantself with your photo.
Be happy & healthy,
This website and all the information it contains is based on my personal experience and journey which I am sharing for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult your own doctor or healthcare provider to determine the best course of treatment for you and before starting any new program.