Be imperfectly you!
It is nice to be back with my first blog post since giving birth to my baby girl. I have missed writing and connecting with you each and every week, but I will be back in full swing before you know it. In the mean time I will just be writing when things come up for me and I feel they are too good not too share.
This occurred for me over the weekend, I read an email from the lovely Susana Frioni about perfection and how what is portrayed online isn't usually reality.
Everyone has flaws, shitty times and things not going to plan...but these things are usually kept off social media and only the best bits are shared.
Do you find yourself comparing to other people's 'perfect' lives on social media?
How does it make you feel?
I know I do, I think we all do and if you say you don't then you are probably kidding yourself.
You see someone travelling all over the world and wish you could too.
You see someone working on their laptop in a hip cafe, Carrie Bradshaw style, and dream that you could do that.
You see someone in the latest clothes, posing a selfie and thinking if only I could afford that.
You see someone with 5,000 followers on Instagram and wish you could have that many as well.
You see someone showing off their baby and talking about their partner when you are single and wanting to find 'the one'.
You see someone...fill in the blank.
It's never ending is it...
I have started to unfollow people on social media that make me feel like I'm not good enough or makes me feel if I wish I had more or something else. I recommend you do the same. Because I am truly happy and grateful with the life that I have, I wouldn't want it any other way.
If you don't feel inspired, motivated and happy with what you see on social media then give it the flick. You deserve to feel these things when you log into Facebook or Instagram. You shouldn't feel lack or jealousy. Because let's be honest, who wants to feel like that?
"Life is too short to be wishing for the grass is always greener.
After I read this email from Susana, I posted the below photo of me on Instagram and Facebook...this is me! Raw, real and honest.
And this is the text that I put with this photo:
"This is me...
I just read an email from the lovely Susana Frioni about being real and no one is perfect no matter what is portrayed online. It really resonated with me so I wanted to share some truths about me, to let you know I don't want to come across as being perfect with a perfect life...
+ This is me this morning before a shower and after getting up multiple times during the night to feed my baby girl.
+ Last night I ate an Oreo McFlurry from McDonalds, yep I eat healthy 85% of the time and then enjoy my vices the other 15% and I'm absolutely fine with that.
+ I couldn't exercise for a couple of months because of pregnancy complications and then giving birth and I must admit I enjoyed the break, but now my body is wanting some gentle movement again.
+ I don't drink green smoothies every day and I meditate when I get the chance.
+ I am so blessed to have my own business but boy it is tough at times and a lot of hard work goes into it.
Who is the real you? I would love to know, share with me in the comments below or take a real photo of your life and #therealme
Much love to you all xxx Keep being real"
I must admit, I also usually only put the best bits of me on social media, but I also put the true, honest and open me on my blog for all to read. I don't hide behind a false persona because I want to share with you my stories and the things I have learned on my journey so far.
"I want to make you feel good and feel as though you can conquer the world.
Do I make you feel this way? Let me know.
I would love for you to share with me in the comments below who is the real you? Put yourself out there as the authentic version of yourself. It feels so much more true, for me any way.
Be happy & healthy,
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.